© Napoleonic Association   ◊   Registered Number: 03220598

The Napoleonic Association Limited is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales

  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle
  • YouTube - Black Circle

30/03/2020 - Announcement from the Executive Committee regarding the AGM

Following an enquiry by a member, the Executive Committee is able to confirm the plan to hold the AGM at the next event. The deadline we have to work to is the submission of the Association’s accounts to Companies House at the end of September. If it seems likely that we cannot achieve this then the Executive Committee will make suitable arrangements to hold the AGM before the end of September.

27/03/2020 - Statement from the organisers of Waterloo 205 - 2021 Dates Confirmed

The Organisers of Waterloo 205 have announced the dates of the postponed 2020 event, having safeguarded this year's funding and secured the necessary logistical bookings for the new dates.

The new dates for Waterloo 205 will be 19th-20th June 2021.

27/03/2020 - Statement from the organisers of Waterloo 205 - EVENT POSTPONED TO 2021


Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,
Dear re-enactors,

In the context of the global health crisis triggered by the Covid-19, the organisers of the 205th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo have decided to postpone to 2021 the festivities initially scheduled for June 2020.
We are all confronted with this epidemic which impacts our lifestyle as well as our family and social relationships.
With the postponement of the 205th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, we wish to participate in this fight against the spread of the virus and prevent possible new contaminations through the travel of re-enactors and visitors coming from all over Europe.
Our thoughts today are with all those men and women who are on the front line in this fight against Covid-19, but also with all the families who have lost a loved one, the sick and their loved ones and all those who are impacted and who are suffering from this crisis and its consequences.
We sincerely thank you for the interest you have shown from the start of the registration process. Today, we wish you above all things to take care of yourself and your loved ones.
We remain hopeful and confident and will get back to you as soon as possible with more information about the postponement of the event.
See you soon.


The organisers of the 205th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo

26/03/2020 - Announcement from the Executive Committee regarding memberships


Due to the current situation with COVID-19 the Association has had to postpone its first two events of 2020, the Executive Committee of the Napoleonic Association has therefore decided that all memberships for 2020 will also cover the 2021 season. If you’ve got any questions, please contact us at napoleonicassociationmembers@gmail.com,


22/03/2020 - Crouch Ridge Vineyard event


The Govt has placed tighter restrictions on public gatherings by closing Pubs, Clubs, Theatres etc in an attempt to ease pressure on the NHS by slowing the rate of infection. 


Unfortunately this means that they are not expecting a reduction in the infection rate for at least 12 weeks, 2 weeks after Crouch Ridge is due to take place.


In the circumstances the Executive Committee feel that it would be inappropriate to continue with the proposed event at Crouch Ridge Vineyard in May. 


If the situation improves sufficiently we are hoping that we MIGHT be able to organise an Event later in this year.


However, we will be discussing a possible date for next year, as soon as this is agreed we will let you know.


14/03/2020 - Stamford Hall event


It is with regret that we have to announce the postponement of the Stamford Hall Event in April. 


This decision has been taken after discussion with the Hall over the current coronavirus pandemic and the condition of the proposed camping area. 


The Hall took the decision to close its Doors for the present but they offered us the use of the back lawns for a non public event. 


However, the ground is extremely wet after the recent spell of bad weather and is simply not drying out, we cannot risk vehicles getting bogged down (one of the Estate vehicles recently sank to its axles on one of the drier areas). That coupled with the expectation that the Coronavirus Infection rate will be reaching its peak in late April and a ban on Public Gatherings will be place means that we have no choice but to postpone.


We are discussing with the Hall the possibility of holding the Event in the Autumn, the proposed date is 9-11 October.


We will notify you as soon as we have confirmation of this date.